Admiral launched Kenshō, the new 75 metre megayacht
The Italian Sea Group: Admiral launched Kenshō, the new 75 metre megayacht
Marina di Carrara, November 18th 2021. Kenshō, the new 75-metre superyacht was launched as part of the Admiral fleet, flagship brand of The Italian Sea Group, global operator in the luxury yachting industry active in the construction and refit of yachts and vessels over 100 meters.
Kenshō is an owner driven project that redefines the spacial constraints, distribution and luxury on a superyacht. Technical challenges are answered with feasible but poetic solutions. Kenshō is the embodiment of something new, personal and ground-breaking. Kenshō flows. She is the physicalisation of an inspired personal vision that furnishes an optimal sea voyage experience.
"Kenshō integrates the best ideas of both residential and yacht design to create a new quality of living at sea" - Her experienced owner
"Thanks to the Kenshō we proudly confirm our know-how and specific skills in building mega-yachts of such innovation and beauty." – concluded Giovanni Costantino, The Italian Sea Group Founder & CEO. – "This motor-yacht represents a further achievement confirming our synergy with international professionals. Working on this masterpiece full of detail and research has been a wonderful experience for all of us".
Coherent and remarkable, Kenshō's identity is an invitation to experience yachting differently. The work on rethinking architectural configurations has given to Kenshō her unique qualities.
• Interior ceilings are 2.7meters high
• Large 22m3 beach area pool facing aft providing mesmerizing views at the same level as the ocean.
• Nature-inspired smooth and organic shapes and finishes are a consistent motif throughout the yacht giving Kenshō her strong identity.
• Guest cabins are optimised with a unique bathroom layout that yields a full 7meter deep room.
• A spacious full beam master suite (13 meters depth) can be experienced all open or subdivided for one level of intimacy, comfort and views.
• See more horizon, more often with lowered bulwarks, floor to ceiling glass, and low-profile custom designed exterior furniture.
• The upper deck is given over to a forward viewing living room experience by relocating the wheelhouse.
• A rich and thought-through sun deck experience like never seen before.
• Designed for rich sensory sea encounters, fine art and equally artful craftsmanship touches every moment of the Kensho experience.
Inspired by nature, noble materials which are artfully transformed into forms that are rounded and organic. From her hardscape to her soft touch interior, the narrative is coherent, seamless and contemporary. Teak, Marble, Onyx, Silk, Wool, Bronze and Glass, a diverse material vocabulary deployed in a deeply personal and poetic expression. The result is a new yacht born of history, tradition, values, myths, and story.
To carry out the conception of Kensho. Her owner has assembled a fine mix of industry authorities and fresh-eyed newcomers to realize his vision.
The design team of Azure Yacht Design (NL), archineers.berlin (DE), and Agence Jouin Manku (FR) dared to imagine more. Encouraged by their passionate and inventive client, they've designed and delivered a ground-breaking unique layout that sets a newly minted standard for functionality.
Technical Marine UK have overseen the project on behalf of the Owner from the start, acting as Owners Project Manager and Technical Surveyor.
Together, the team gives new form to yachting's established codes.
M/Y Kenshō is equipped with a state-of-the-art "Diesel-Electric" propulsion system, with permanent magnet electrical motors, granting a high efficiency and great power, with limited volume.
The design has been developed giving important weight to the environmental perspective, not only in the respect of the "ECO" notation of the Classification Body, supplying the propulsion system with five variable speed generators, all equipped with antiparticle system so to optimise consumption at every speed and reduce emissions in the atmosphere.
The hull has been developed by minimising resistance through the employment of azimuthal propulsion and retractable stabiliser fins.
Kenshō will be available to charter by leading superyacht company Y.CO in the Mediterranean in summer 2022.