EAC Carbon Tiller Extension
Spinlock introduces an ultra-light EAC Carbon Tiller Extension at METSTRADE show
The new design builds on the success of the iconic Spinlock EA Tiller Extension, retaining its design and performance but substantially reducing its weight using the latest technology and production techniques. As racing teams strive to cut as much weight as possible to stay competitive, Spinlock’s new EAC Carbon Tiller Extension positively contributes to performance improvement in top-flight cruising and racing.
James Hall, comments “Spinlock relish the challenge of bettering an already great product and our tiller extension we have been keen to look at for a few years. Our engineers have done an amazing job at not just reducing the weight, but halving it, whilst still offering the same strength, feel and precision control”.
Spinlock’s engineers interrogated every part of the EAC Carbon Tiller Extension’s design, ensuring optimum performance while reducing weight. The inner and outer tubes are vacuum formed carbon composite and the design features the iconic EA handle in a seamless monocoque construction that optimises the strength of the product. The release rod is made from a 2mm diameter carbon tube and the control button mechanism is 3D printed in the lightest composite. The vital tiller connection and rotating joint is crafted in titanium with a titanium release pin.
The EAC Carbon Tiller Extension at a glance:
· Featherlight in the hand
· Ultimate responsive helm feel
· Spinlock’s iconic handle shape for fingertip control
· Lightweight carbon-fibre componentry
· Single piece integrated handle and inner tube
· Titanium E-Joint with fast-pin for easy removal when not in use
· Available in 900, 1200, 1600 and 2000 lengths
· All parts detailed for minimum weight
· Maximum use of carbon, titanium and 3D printed parts
· Custom paint finishes available
· Special order only